7.02.2009

Happy Birthday, Alysa!






I want to wish Alysa a very Happy Birthday - I am so appreciative of the love and p
atience she has with my Matt, and darling granddaughter, Sloane.



A Letter of Thanks
Sue Shifflett

Thank You, for loving my Son.
For accepting his faults, valuing his strengths,
and helping him want to make more of himself
for the three of you.

Thank You, for loving my Son.
For giving him insight; for helping him to realize dreams.
Thank You, for showing him the way,
when the path may be dark.
Thank You, for holding his hand,
when he may feel weak.
Thank You, for wrapping your arms around him,
and
kissing his troubles away.

Thank You, for loving my Son;
Thus inspiring him to love himself.
Thank You, for your encouragement,
even when you aren’t sure he’s right.

I love you for loving my Son.











3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! What an awesome poem!

Vickers said...

Happy Birthday Alysa. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet but little Sloane is a darling.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue,
Thank you for writing this beautiful poem; it means alot to both of us. - Alysa