6.30.2009

Officers and Gentlemen

On Memorial Day, we commemorate those Men in Uniform who gave their lives in service to their country . . .

What is it about a Man in Uniform that just makes our heart melt? There is an element of appeal for many women {even with police officers}-of authority and masculinity in the design and wear of men's uniforms. I remember everytime I saw my brothers, or other soldiers, there was just something there...so clean and fresh and sexy about them when they were in their uniforms. Besides my brothers, there was a certain guy my sister dated that was to die for! To me, he was a copy of Cary Grant and I think I swooned over him moreso than she...still do!

Some attribute the cache of men in uniform to have been significantly enhanced by the film Officer and a Gentleman starring Richard Gere. However, we have a significant cache of handsome Officers and Gentlemen in our own family! As I posted for Memorial Day weekend, I had photos of my 3 brothers, a couple of nephews and Wood. However, I soon found that I had neglected to put others up who are equally as dashing, and deserving of our gratitude to them for those freedoms that we enjoy. So, in keeping with the theme of 'Men in Uniform', I present my sister's husband, and 3 more nephews.



My niece who grew up with her Father in the Air Force {yes, she was one of them BRATS}, feels a little tainted because her husband looks great in his Scout uniform ('but I guess that doesn't count!'). Most definitely - don't believe for a minute that the Scouting uniform doesn't bring just as much honor as the other! Where do you think our fantasy begins of these men, if not as young boys in their scouting uniform?! Thanks for giving my old memory an excellent thought! Below is a photo of the Smith Eagles Nest {Parker, Jameson, Ashton, Cade}, and our most recent Eagle scout, Taylor with his parents {Tom & Teri} after he had received his Eagle. Almost as neat as this accomplishment, is the fact that a real bald eagle, Liberty, was brought to the ceremony - it was beautiful! It had flown into power lines and been injured and cannot fly anymore. So this fellow helps the eagle recuperate from its injury, and then uses him to take to demos throughout the State.

DANG! Ain't they handsome dogs?




CONGRATS
to Taylor on his accomplishment.

2 comments:

Vickers said...

Kudos to all the Eagle Scouts in the family including my own son Jason. Huge accomplishment for young men. Loved the picture of Uncle Clyde.

FRYBABY said...

AMEN to men in uniform!!