7.08.2009

Celebrate Family!

After receiving the GREAT news that Gary is in remission, they decided to celebrate some family time by heading up to a lake below Logan. This is Heather's side of the story:

So we went fishing on the 4th with the kids up to Mantua Saturday morning with our awesome new boat... granted it existed 8 years before me - but hey it works... Anyway, Gary's been trying to get me to go fishing for years... Of course I don’t want to cuz I never catch a thing... So I decide to go with him and the kids.... Get out on the water at 7:50am... Start fishing 8:06 and not off to a good start at that... those "Barbie" and "Spiderman" poles suck... (those of you who bought one know what I'm talking about...) 45 minutes later after re-baiting those blasted poles 700 times we gave up and used the "real" fishing poles.... a few minutes later Gary catches a fish (4in) on a bare hook... 2minutes later another... then I got one... and kept getting them every few minutes after that.... (8 of them) Dumb fish... bare hookin it the entire time... We caught 16 total... Me 8, Gary 5, Taylor 2 and Weston 1... The 2 1/2yr old caught the biggest 1.... Figures right? Now these fish weren't big by any means.... but Weston's was...!
Maybe I'll go again....

Gary's








One Of Heather's








Weston's BIG ONE!










Finally...Tay gets one!






He hates this - Can you tell?








Taylor sitting up front with Gary









Taylor with her Barbie Pole










Weston's Spiderman Pole

2 comments:

whitey said...

I have a picture of JD with this same look on his face with his first fish .

Vickers said...

Looks like you all had a truly special time. Great family, Great memories. Keep making more.