7.08.2009

Note of Thanks from Heather & Gary

Miracle #2 for 2009 - So I sit there on that uncomfortable couch, for probably the 100th time, watching the expressions of the nurses passing by Gary and I... praying that the one I just saw wasn’t because we are getting bad news again... Listening to the TV above me... Wondering why on earth do I have to hear about Michael Jackson all day?...
yet we sit there and wait like we always do after a PET scan with some shred of hope that things are gonna get better... although we have to wait for an hour for the blood tests to get back... and then there are those "looks" we keep getting as the same nurses pass by every 5 minutes.... do the math: 5 nurses, 1 hour every 5 minutes... you can use your fingers if you want to... (I'll be checking the comments for the correct answer...)

Finally our turn comes to sit in the conference room with "doc"... the first thing out of her mouth.... ""This is only gonna take a minute" these are the words I've been waiting for since February 6th... Gary and I both breathed that ever-so-needed sigh of relief!!! His scan came back clear... NO HOT SPOTS!...Remission never sounded so good...

So THANK YOU to all of you who thought of us... said a little prayer... took time to give Gary a blessing... donated or just plain supported us... you have no idea how much you all mean to my family... Or how much every little thing helped us out... Although we still have a long road ahead of us I'm so grateful I don’t have to utter the words bone marrow transplant!!!
Love you all and God bless

Heather and Gary Pedersen

4 comments:

whitey said...

Great Great news!

Vickers said...

Miracles are truly given to those who seek them. Wonderful years ahead for both of you.

Nettie said...

I am so glad you all got this wonderful news! I'm a day or two late and a couple of bucks short,....but I wanted to let Heather and Gary know I am so happy for all of them and their families. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Heather - I haven't checked here for some time, but this is the best news we could hear. We are so grateful that everyone's prayers have been answered and that the news is encouraging. We will still put his name in the Temple each time we go, just to give us an extra measure of surety. Love and hugs, G&D the Campbells