6.24.2008

Ya-Butt

I just love this photo of Janette on her wedding day with Nadine.

As precocious as Whitey was, Janette was a tender heart! They are sisters, but you’d never know it unless you look into their icy blue eyes, and see their beaming smile; but that’s where the similarities end! Whitey is a ditzy blond {did I say that}, and Nettie is a redhead. Whitey does not have freckles – Janette does not have difficulty knowing what is right and left. They both have many talents – sewing, writing poetry, the love for children, animals, and the great outdoors. Janette loved playing the mandolin for her Dad; Clydene loved teasing her Dad.

Janette has recently jumped on the ‘Bloggin Wagon’ and I’m so glad that what started with Vicky’s family trying to keep in touch with each other, has extended to another limb of the family tree. Now if we can just encourage Vicky to start writing one . . .

6 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I would say, Denice is the ditzy blonde, Mom the smart alleck, kind of tough blonde, and Janette is thw oober sweet and sensitive red head.

Anonymous said...

SO KIND OF YOU TO REFLECT UPON MY GOOD TRAITS. FROM DITZY

Anonymous said...

Hi Ditzy, how ya doin? Now that you have blown your cover and I know that you are in 'the mix', I can talk about you!!!
This is a great posting about Nettie. Sioux, hope you are going to spotlight all the sisters cuz you still have some to go. And the mother of the four would be fun to see highlighted by you, also.

Sioux said...

Are you talking about me doing a spotlight on Nadine? I guess I really should do something like that for each of the family members - it would make for a good story.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Nadine....best story EVER!

Nettie said...

Thanks Sioux for the nice post! I love that picture too! I remember mine and Daves day like it was yesterday, ..... but it has been almost 39 years! My mom was beautiful and still is to this day! I am so lucky to have such good looking parents, eh? My aunts aren't so bad themselves either! I love ya!