6.25.2008

Life is a gift

The Other Side of 80
by Joye Crouch

'Read the title over again. When you get to be my age I am thankful every day for the gift of life. I have enjoyed my life up to now, and I intend on treating it as a gift and do all in my power to take care of myself in body and spirit. I don’t get to church so I have to do something that will let me through the pearly gates. That is why I do all the crocheting-donating it to charities, the homeless shelters, and other organizations that take care of the ones not as fortunate as I am.'

Hard to believe that just last summer this funny group of old codgers were visiting in the back yard of my cousin after her daughter's wedding ceremony. This summer finds Aunt Joye, Margie, and Tom all struggling with health issues. Even Nadine is looking at possible surgery on her hands for carpal tunnel. Me & Whitey? We're just ornery!

I am including a link: for the obituary of our cousin's grandson who drowned. He will be buried in No. Carolina.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful photo. Too bad Whitey had just leaned over and out of the photo. You all look great. Let's hope this summer's health issues are just an irritating fluke and all will be well.

whitey said...

Leaned over I ducked!! It is a nice picture

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Look at the expressions on Grandma and Tommy. The exact same!
You two need to quite being so awnry! It sucks all of my young energy just trying to get you to smile!