6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day to all the Men!

To the Dad's in my life - the one who is a Dad to my children, and to the men who are Dad's to my grandchildren! To my brothers, and the men in my extended family - I Love you All!



Happy Father’s Day
Sue Shifflett

Dad ** We Love you
For all you say and do.
When we have problems ** thick or thin
You’re always there to guide us through.

We’ve had our share of arguments
& disagreements too.
But in the end, we always tried to do
What we thought you’d want us to.

You’re always giving us advice
On which road in life to take.
And suggesting a more “logical” way
When decisions we must make.

You taught us how to ride a bike
Your taught us how to fly a kite
You taught us what was wrong from right
You taught us how to stand up and fight.

You taught us that we must remain true **
To our God, our family, and ourselves.
You showed us that you loved us
By allowing us to dream, while keeping out feet firmly planted on Earth.

Happy Father’s Day, Dad
June 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading your blog mainly b/c of all the truly original writing and fabulous artwork coming out of your family. Heidi's wedding photo is breathtaking. To Elwood....
Happy Father's Day, Handsome.

Anonymous said...

OKAY NOW I AM IMPRESSED ALONG WITH VICKERS ALSO. GUESS THAT IS THE NEXT THING I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO. LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME . WHITEY