6.12.2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Sloane!


Baby Sloane

You floated in on angel wings
With golden curls and eyes as blue as the sky
Nestling yourself into the crook of our arms and in our hearts
From now until the end of time

Your ‘firsts’ have been a joy to see
Awe-struck at your first smile
Inspired by the cute baby sounds – babbles and coos
and the funny expressions on your face
The cute way you put one arm over your eyes
and rub your head when you are sleepy.

Daddy calls me ‘Booger’ and Momma calls me ‘LoaneyLoo’
Grandma Susie thinks my smile is cheesy
And ‘Tiny Mite’ is what I’m called, by my Grandma Sue
Soft & Pink - Sweet baby candy
Children are like seeds - Nurtured with Love
In each there is a promise of the Future.

Happy 1st Birthday, Sloane; you've stolen a corner of my heart!
.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Birthday, Sloane!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! A whole year has gone by since that beautiful girl was born?!! Make this the first of many, many. Happy Birthday, Sloane.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Wow, birthday week for you? Happy birthday to all the kiddos! I love that "you have stolen a corner of my heart." So cute.