3.08.2008

It's in the Genes . . . .

Was awake at 4:30am this morning; resisted getting up, but tossed and turned because of cramps in my feet and legs; sore shoulder from sleeping on one arm all night, achey-breaky heart, wanted a drink, needed to potty, couldn't breathe because of a stuffy nose, too hot-too cold, alarm in another part of the house beep, beep, beeping! STOP the MADNESS! When I finally conceded to all the above, and jumped on the computer (well, not literally), I found that Aunt Joye had sent me a message of hope for the day at around 1:45am. What the heck is an 80+ year old doing up that late? It has to be in the GENES! Both my sisters have complained about the fact that they just can't sleep past a certain hour, and how early they're up fixing coffee, reading their scriptures, etc. Not me. . .this is the bewitching hour when I get my best ideas for something to write. Not saying that the blog is it; but somewhere in our quietest times is when we hear the loudest those thoughts and desires that we would like to initiate into our life. I'm looking out the window as the day begins and it's been raining through the night--downright gloomy, as a matter of fact. But I believe that Spring is slowly trying to creep in (reminder to SPRING FORWARD tonight); can't wait for the budding on the trees. It was just a year ago that I started writing this blog, and it's been such a great experience to be able to 'vent', and read about others exhuberations, frustrations, and daily happenings. It's such an awesome way to keep up with family and friends. I just want to thank the small following that I have and tell Heather how envious I am of all the comments she receives. When it comes right down to it, I guess I'm in it for the GLORY! J/K

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sioux! You are so great and I love reading your middle of the night inspiring words and how eloquent and poetic you are. I know Cara has that too and wish I did!

Your number 1 fan!

Anonymous said...

you are just crazy! Sleep is my highest priority, which is why I don't have much to show for my time. Keep up the great work.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

comment comment comment comment comment. just making up for all the times I peak but leave no comment.

FRYBABY said...

It is true that the younger generations get more comments but just know that we all love to read your blog even if we are dumbfounded (in my case) when it ocmes to comments. I have a hard enough time finding something interesting to say about my daily family life and it would be worse if it wasn't for Jameson and his active lifestyle!!

FRYBABY said...

P.S. Is that what you look like in the wee hours?

Sioux said...

Brite-eyed & bushy tailed...isn't this the way you wake up?

Heidi Banford Art said...

I'd do more commenting but I'm dull. I do read this stuff though. Love ya momma.

Anonymous said...

Sioux, I have to comment again. Just returned from a week in Kentucky with my oldest. She told me how much she values your blog b/c she has learned so much about her extended family through you. She had no idea what her g-grandparents looked like (my fault) and you blog on Uncle Keith she loved. She has printed out your family stories and pictures and includes them (rightly so) in her family genealogy. So, there you go. Leaving your mark where you least suppose.

Sioux said...

Well, I'm glad that the efforts don't go un-noticed. And believe it or not, sometimes it is an effort (unlike some who really have the knack for writing about exciting and interesting stuff!)Love you guys