10.10.2009

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~ From a headstone in Ireland


Thomas D. Fry
(January 11, 1929 - October 7, 2009)

You and me against the World
Sometimes it feels like..You and me against the World
When all the others turn their backs and walk away,
you can count on me to stay.

Remember when the Circus came to Town...
and you were frightened by the clown,
wasn't it nice to be around someone that you knew?
Someone who was big and strong and looking out for you and me
Against the World

Sometimes it feels like you and me against the World
and for all the times we cried,
I always felt that God was on our side

And when one of us is gone,
and one of us is left to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Our Memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you,
You and Me against the World

And when one of us is gone,
and one of us is left to carry on
Then remembering will have to do...
Our Memories alone will get us through

Think about the days of Me and You...
You and Me Against The World

Thinking of Leanne and her family today - the lyrics in this song by Helen Reddy have always stuck with me during sad times and made me feel like there is always someone there to lean on.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

We are sorry about Tom's passing and thinking of you and Grandpa.

whitey said...

What a great song and so fitting for the day and the days ahead.

Paulette said...

Way to bring a tear to my eye. It must be so hard to lose a sibling. Bill and I held Tom in very high regard. He was a great guy personally, as well as in his profession. He will be missed.

Nettie said...

You got me going too! I hurt for Leeanne and you and Mom, Dianne & Wayne. It must be hard to be an only child and now to have lost both parents. Uncle Tom will definately be missed. My heart goes out to all of you. It brings tears to my eyes, .... not for sadness but for happiness because I know he is up there with his Margie and parents, my dad and all the rest.

Heidi Banford Art said...

We'll miss ya Uncle Tommy.

Mike and Kadie Briggs said...

Leeanne... I ache for her and the loss that she is suffering. I think it is great that she has such amazing family that surrounds her at this time. Some wonderful aunts to comfort her and mourn with her. You and Grandma, and Aunt Dianne will be such a comfort to each other and to her I am sure!

Vickers said...

What a special treasure for Uncle Tom to be able to look at his daughter Leanne and see so much of his beautiful wife in their child. Life is relentless but it is also to be cherished and Uncle Tom left us with a lot of memories to cherish. Thank you Uncle Tom.