3.17.2009

ST. Paddy's Inspiration

Put some green in your life when you want:

  • a new state of balance
  • feel a need for change or growth
  • freedom to pursue new ideas
  • protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others
Although I anxiously await the first signs of a 'Spring Green', the only thing peeking out right now is weeds - why is that? I was thinking of ignoring St. Patrick's Day completely. I don't have a drop of green Irish blood in me; I HATE corned beef and cabbage; I have never drank green beer or tasted green bread; I don't believe in good luck; and green has never been a color I could wear! But in tribute to all the hard-working Irish American people who helped build our great country, I will surrender and at least wish you all a Happy St. Paddy's day!

An Irish Prayer
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to go over to my folks' house and bumpedy-bump up and down their bright green-carpeted stairs which Woody put in for them decades ago. Those green stairs are famous and well-loved, but then we do have Irish blood on that side of the family. O'Brady kids rule!!