3.01.2009

The Sixth Challenge

The Sixth Challenge

I just recently hooked up with a gal that I worked with at Morgan's and she had this cute idea on her blog. So, before any of the other relatives do it first, I thought I'd beat you all to the punch and then you can share.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to the photo folder in your computer
2. Go to the 6th folder of photos.
3. Go to the sixth picture.
4. Put the picture on your blog and description of it.
5. Invite six friends to join the challenge.

This photo could not be more fitting for what I hold dear....it was taken in October 2008 at Heidi's house. She hosted Weston's 2nd Birthday party and it included every one of the grandkids + Heather in the picture. What makes it particularly poignant, is that Heather's husband had just begun chemo treatments for Burkitt's Lymphoma, and was in the hospital. Heather had been there with him on a daily basis for weeks, and was not able to even think about doing a party for her little boys birthday celebration. So Heidi, jumped in and offered to have the party, do the cake, and even had little bags of party favors for all the kids!

I am so thankful for family, and for the opportunity it affords us to help one another, and show appreciation for what we hold dear to our hearts. These little kids all have so much fun with one another, and enjoy the times they are together. They run, jump, scream, and expend every inch of enthusiasm in their little bodies. NOISY? Yes! But how boring life would be without them!


As to my inviting 6 people to do this; surprise me and let me see who does it first!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it won't be me cuz I don't blog. I just nose into everyone else's blog and leave my worthless opinions.

Wasn't it great that your sixth of sixth of sixth turned out to be a photo of grandkids instead of, say, one of you yawning!!

whitey said...

That is what sisters are for to step up to the plate and help out!