3.27.2009

One week after Spring.....

It takes your food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

One human hair can support 3 kg (6.6 lb).

The average man's penis is three times the length of his thumb.

Human thighbones are stronger than concrete.

A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

There are about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

Women blink twice as often as men.

The average person's skin weighs twice as much as the brain.

Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself when you are standing still.

If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.

Women reading this will be finished now.

Men are still busy checking their thumbs!

Now isn't this the kind of trivia you'd rather read about than hearing about what it was like when I had to walk to school through snow up to my knees; and how I didn't have anything better to do with my time, than ride my bike, or play 'kick the can', or hula hoop, or collect bottles to trade at the Cold Storage for penny candy? I knew it would be.

Let me just tell you how my day started off tho: See this shiny array of stuff laying on my bathroom floor?
This is my makeup mirror that I have used for about 20 years. It's small, I know - but now you understand why I look the way I do when you see me. Not that I've used it this way.....backtracking.....Mirror used for 20 years, dropped close to 100 times on tile, cement, etc. with never a crack. In fact, I was just sitting on the loo a week ago and dropped it and thought to myself what a great beauty partner it had been to me all these years. Today, it dropped from my trembling fingers and shattered into many, many pieces. Now if I were super, superstitious, I would say it was an omen for my day. But as I ran from the room to throw salt over my shoulder, I came to the conclusion that maybe it is and indication of a 'new beginning' for me. Should I buy one of those new-fangled light-up magnifying mirrors that show every line in my face, or just be happy to get another compact? These are the questions haunting my thoughts right now.

Just so you know, one of these punks had the audacity to mention my age, the other one who is much closer to me in age, was alot more cautious - Love all the memories and the mention!

4 comments:

Vickers said...

These young whippersnappers have no sensitivity about the accumulation of years. But don't feel too bad b/c you are still years younger than I am, and smarter, wittier, more artistic, prettier, and still full of vinegar. Have I missed anything?

whitey said...

Who me? Not sensitive?? I hope you did not take it personal that I followed up on your birthday blog with a picture of that old (but very cute)goat??? It was a fun surprise party!! Fer sure.

FRYBABY said...

Sorry I missed out on all of the fun! Happy Birthday from me!! and the Smith clan! Mom said the party was wonderful....

Debbie said...

THE BIG 60 HUH ?! YOU CERTAINLY DON'T LOOK IT OR ACT LIKE IT. HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY, CALL ME AND LETS GO TO LUNCH NEXT WEEK TO CELEBATE !!