8.06.2008

Happy Birthday, Fay!

I have been in such a slump lately; so much so that I forgot to send out a tribute to my SIL - who celebrated her birthday on August 3rd {sorry}! This is one gal who is always cheerful, busy and willing to lend a hand. When I had my twins and 3 little boys under the age of 8, she would come every weekend to help out, so that I could get something else done besides changing diapers and feeding little mouths. We would clean the house, do laundry, I would get out to go grocery shopping, and Wood and I would get out of the house for a few hours to go to a movie. For a gal that didn't have children, she sure got the "Baptism by Fire' by being Auntie to mine! Through her job capacity at ZCMI, she was able to get the girls involved in many fashion shows from the time they were 4 years old. She would also use the boys to set-up and help with some technical functions. From the time they were little, she would take them on a one-on-one basis and spend a weekend with them sharing special experiences and doing things that they chose.

She now travels with her hubby to State Fairs and other venues, to assist him while he draws characatures. They make a good team and everyone so enjoys having them both at any gathering.

Hope you had a special birthday, Fay; I have enjoyed being a part of your life.

2 comments:

whitey said...

I remember all the times she would take your kids on a one to one. She is a Great Aunt!
Happy Belated Birthday Fay.

Heidi Banford Art said...

I remember those one on ones. They were so much fun. We'd swim at her pool, go to 49th Street Galleria, and to the malls or movies. She'd let us eat cheetos and we'd each get a 1/2 of bulk food candy, while we watched videos before bed. I loved it. Happy Birthday Fay!