5.22.2008

Spring has Sprung!

AHHH! Spring…it conjures up images of raindrops, and rainbows, and blossoms and flowers. Soccer, and baseball; and while the temperature has fluctuated from 87 to 47 degrees in the last two days, it does seem that spring is actually on its way. My little crabby apple tree is exactly a month later with its blossoms than it was last year, so we must’ve had a much cooler, wetter, later spring this year! And the iris’ that I picked up from a fellow in Centerville last year, are blooming, so I’m happy. My green thumb can be verified! I’m going over to the nursery tonight and pick up some petunias and impatiens, along with some little shrubs to put in the flowerbeds. Why exactly did we leave the two-bedroom apartment up in Boise for the joy of home ownership? Oh yeah…the grandkids!

Kloyie and Skyla finished up their soccer season last Saturday; but Connor and Taylor now have t-ball games twice a week. It brings back memories of when our three boys were playing baseball all summer. We even met a friend of Matt’s, who has a boy on Connor’s team, and a 3 year-old named Matthew! Connor’s first game was freezing cold – we were wrapped up in blankets, with our hoods and gloves on! I did get a couple of good pictures of him hitting the ball, and you can see he was able to make a run with the hit!


Taylor and two other little girls play on a team with boys! She’s being a good sport about playing with them.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

It must be the end of the world. We went to 105° to snow in LA in a matter of days. There are even tornados

Anonymous said...

Sports are no fun at all without Grandma there to cheer, snap pictures, and bring snack goodies. Makes a kid feel pretty special. Keep up the good work, Grandma.

FRYBABY said...

I think it is so great that little girls play ball now. I would have loved to play baseball when I was that age but didn't get to until 9th grade!! Grandkids are worth it!!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I love how taylors little uniform swallows her up. so cute. thanks for the Wham song...I love George Micheal!!