5.20.2008

FIELDS OF MEMORIES

With Memorial Day this weekend, and the 'brain fog' I have been in recently, I thought I would just offer up something that I had written a few years ago.


I gaze upon the sea of green -
White stones bob up and down across the horizon.
Birds are chirping, a gentle breeze is blowing through the leaves of the trees.
Dusk ‘til dawn – this is such a lovely, restful place –
For the Dead.

I come here sometimes to collect my thoughts
To get a perspective of what life is really about.
I think of the people that I’ve known throughout my life
Specifically, the ones who are among those resting here.

I wonder if they’re aware of the worldly toils and tribulations that we are facing.
I yearn for their touch and the sound of their voice.
And when I come to this place –
Both physically and mentally –
I wish that I could be there with them.

I want to linger a littler longer…

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

That's beautiful, Sue!

Anonymous said...

A perfect sentiment from the heart. But we are sooo glad that you still are among the living and can write 'a little longer'.