5.03.2008

We're Gonna Have a Wedding . . . .

In the movie Father of the Bride, George{Stanley Banks}, played by Steve Martin, has some things to say that may hit home for the Campbells. He says: “I used to think a wedding was a simple affair. Boy and girl meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do. I was wrong. That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition”.

HEY YA'LL,
WE JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT SHAYLEE GOT ASKED THE BIG QUESTION LAST NIGHT AND GOT A RIPPIN' DIAMOND!
KINDA COOL, HUH? GIVE HER A CALL IF YOU WANT. WE'LL LET YOU KNOW MORE AS THINGS GET SET IN STONE.

THANKS FOR BEING SUCH GREAT FAMILY & FRIENDS. YOUR EXAMPLES HAVE HELPED HER A LOT. {Father of the Bride’s version}

Shaylee called me this morning to say she got engaged last night up Adams Canyon. I told her that he wanted her to be breathless when he proposed! {Grandma’s version}

{And now the rest of the story from the Bride . . . .}
Yeah, my Dad did tell me he sent out an email to friends and family! Paige & another aunt came to my work, to give hugs and look at my ring! Well here is my story...Nick left yesterday morning to head out to Chicago for the summer, he's selling Satellite Systems as a summer job and is actually the Manager of the office. He has about 14 kids going out with them, under his direction. All weekend we hardly played-we just packed! Monday after work I went up there and was an absolute mess. I left for ten minutes to go help my Dad put up a sign I made for Nick just saying Good Luck & Goodbye on the highway. When I got back Nick decided he HAD to go on a hike up Adams Canyon - just get away from packing and all that. I was kinda like...ah ok, not too happy but I went. We hiked up and I didn't want to go too far into the woods because it freaks me out! We had a baby lantern and a headlamp. By the way it was so nice out Monday night! So we got around this corner and there was a little fire going. Nick wanted to go and sit by the fire but I was freaked out; ‘How did it start? IDIOT people just leave fires going.... I didn't know what the heck was going on. Nick went along with it and finally we just sat down. We talked and he said how much he loves me and gave me some flowers and then told me to stand up. At that point I kinda was like ‘ah…oh, what's happening?...then he went on talking and then asked!! Nick's sister Kenzi and McKay came out of the trees - they had started the fire and set up everything!! I was crying and of course said YES! It was pretty late when we got up there so I was really tired, but that’s pretty much the story. He wanted to fly me to Chicago but he said he just couldn't leave me without a ring and fun-fun wedding plans!! All night he kept saying YOU’RE MY FIANCEE! - It was cute. One of our first fun dates was a Sunday hike up Adams Canyon, so now we have two great memories!! We're planning on Oct 10th (10-10-08) maybe he'll remember anniversary's now!

Rewind to Christmas 2007 - Jeff sat on Santa’s lap and said he’d really like a son-in-law. Looks like there really IS a Santa Claus!

CONGRATULATIONS to Shaylee {Jeffs oldest} and Nick! You’re in for the Ride of Your Life……

Sometimes in Life, you find a Special Love. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who can make you laugh until you cry. Someone who makes you believe there is good in the World. Someone who holds your hand and shares his Heart. Someone who convinces you that there is a door, unlocked and just waiting for you to open it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous, romantic story. That will be a proposal for the ages. Congratulations to the both of you. The summer will certainly go a lot faster now. Have fun with the planning.

whitey said...

What a beautiful couple,, is that leagal to have fires up in Adams canyon hopefully Smokey the Bear won't read this and hit them with a fine. whitey