1.21.2008

I haven't posted for over a week -- no birthdays, no excitement, the grey & dismal BLAH's are beginning to set in! How I would love just one day with enough sunshine to melt the iceberg in my driveway, and the opportunity to take a walk without the inversion strangling you at every breath! HOW LONG 'TIL SPRING?

Let's see: Kloyie's baptism was a few weeks ago and I haven't posted picture
s of her special day. It was a very cold and snowy day, much like today. But she looked beautiful in a dress that Matt & Alysa gave her for her b-day. When I told her she looked like a princess or a bride, she said 'How 'bout a Princess Bride, Gramma?'

Nadine, DiAnne, Whitey and I drove up to Morgan last week to visit our Aunt. We always have a good laug
h with her, and it was a beautiful day (albeit COLD). We took the scenic old road out of Morgan, and exchanged memories about where friends/relatives lived (back in the olden days), an old tree that Nadine and a friend got chased up into to get away from a elk(?)and were stranded there all day!

Grandkids are
the funnest! Taylor stayed here one afternoon and helped me dig out after a big storm. Because she didn't have any snow gear, her clothes got wet and cold, so we threw them in the dryer and I put one of my 'oldest' flannel nightgowns on her to cozy her up. She thought that was pretty neat, when I explained that DiAnne had made the nightgown for me and two just like it for Heidi and her Mom when they were babies.


Laila took off running across the driveway, and whether it was icy or her feet just got away from her (as she is much like the gazelles loping across the plains, lately), she slipped and got a road rash on the side of her face. When her Dad bent down to give her a hug before bed that night, she explained to him to be very careful with her 'owie', cuz it hurt a little!

Mike, Shari, and Connor made a quick trip up this weekend with a U-Haul truck, bringing back a portion of their household in Hurricane. They only stayed one night, but will load up another truck and drive back for good next weekend. They too love the desert, but they love work and money more! So Mike is following an opportunity back in SLC.

I was the lucky Grandma to watch Sloane last night for awhile so I got some new pix of her. I can't believe she is already 7 months old! Where does the time fly to? She's a happy baby, and is beginning to be very curious about everything - a piece of lint on the carpet, a stray cord stretched out along the wall, the inside of a mouth - you know, how the tongue works, all the teeth!

So this has been a very "Grandma Brag" kind of blog - but they're all worth it, and I love them all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, congratulations that Mike and Shari are moving back toward the family compound.
Loved the old pic of you and the twins. What is it about the 70's that engendered so much orange and panelling? You hair is perfect though, and kudos to a mother of new twins being able to wear tiny white pants so soon.
And, the picture of Kloyie in her baptismal dress should be framed and hung. She is truly a princess.

FRYBABY said...

I love your blog and am glad that pictures can be posted so easily. I think that next time we all get together I might know everyone's name...or at least most of them. Technology is wonderful! Your grandchildren (and children too!) are beautiful!

KickButtMommy said...

Kloyie is absolutely a dream! It is fun to hear snippets of your kids and grandkids and see the great pics. I love the pic of you and your twins and Matt's baby is gorgeous!

Sioux said...

Check out Heidi's blog - she made a fairy pix out of the one with Kloyie . . . too cute!