6.07.2009

Full Moon and All Bets are Off!

The Lunar Effect: Does a Full Moon Make Us Crazy?

I, for one, suspend disbelief where the power of the moon is concerned. I kind of like to believe that some mythic force comes into play with the full moon, since it gives me an excuse to go a little crazy once a month. No, I don’t grow hair and fangs, but I do feel like the full moon gives me the freedom to just let it all hang out emotionally, like there’s a higher frequency in the air that my body and spirit start to feel. Yes, I know it’s not really true that the moon affects behavior or circumstances, but there’s something magical about heading out for the night, spotting a glowing orb hanging low in the sky, and feeling that anything can happen.

3 comments:

"Jo" in many sizes said...

I always think WIERD things happen around a full moon, maybe it is just the wierdness in people coming out in true colors!
I do know more BABIES are born around a full moon, though!

Vickers said...

Hey, we have a moon just like that one hanging around here. It is so gorgeous catching glimpses of it through the trees. The bullfrogs seem to really love it.

Debbie said...

IF THE MOON AFFECTS THE TIDES, THE WEATHER ETC. IT MOST CERTAINLY AFFECT US IN MANY WAYS. IT IS SPIRITUAL, MYTHICAL, AND MAGICAL. INDIANS HAVE AND STILL DO WORSHIP THE MOON AND THE SPIRITS CONNECTED WITH THE FULL MOON. LAST MONTH ON THE FULL MOON SCOTT AND I ATTENDED A DRUM CIRCLE AT A FRIENDS HOUSE IN WILLARD. IT WAS AMAZING. YOU COULD FEEL THE MAGIC AS WELL AS THE SPIRITS THAT HAD JOINED US. MAYBE THE NEXT TIME WE GO YOU CAN COME WITH US !