5.08.2009

The Owl, the Bee and Me!

You remember the experience with the owl - the wisdom thing - the spirit waiting at the gate of the Milky Way? Well here is a continuation, and now Heidi wants to check things out in her Wicca manual to see what the latest experience indicates. I was walking with DiAnne the other day, and picked up a dead bumble bee to take home to show Weston, since he is a HUGE fan of The Bee Movie. DiAnne was freaking out saying it would sting me; I said "It's DEAD!' I carried it for about a mile and a half in the palm of my hand and put it into a styrofoam cup to take home. However, being the absent-minded senior that I am, I forgot it. When I stopped by today to see if they still had it, DiAnne informed me it had 'come to life' and was moving around in the cup so she moved it out to the garage. How does something dead do that?! Anyway, short story - it was thrown away before I got there this morning, so Glen promised me he would save me the next one he finds. I told them it was 'no big deal, and I could find my own' but he was insistant. The thing is....I would've really like to have the resurrected one! The Owl, the Bee, and me. Is there something there? Maybe it's nature's way of telling me I need to get myself and my life in sync with the metaphysical {The branch of philosophy that examines the nature of reality, including the relationship between mind and matter, substance and attribute, fact and value}. Heavy preponderance for my Mother's Day weekend.

4 comments:

Heidi Banford Art said...

Well I don't know about the Wiccan's, but go to this link and see what this blogger says about Bumblers.

eyesbeloved.blogspot.com/2008/04/heart-of-bumble-bee.html

Sioux said...

Thanks so much, Heidi. You not only know me well, but can find info that prescribes and describes my life. Thanks for finding this - I think alot of it fits!

whitey said...

I'm bring home a baby bumble bee!! That reminds me of the story of Dennis's Dad finding what he thought was a dead deer on the road loaded into the trunk of his car and was taking it home when it came back alive guess it caused a lot of damage to his old car!

Vickers said...

The big question is when they do "come back" do they (the deer and the bumblebee) come back better or worse than they were before? Hmmm?