4.07.2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail.....a week early!

There are many things I can count as blessings in my life - loving brothers and sisters who stepped in and always made sure I was taken care of { I credit them generously being the wind beneath my wings}; wonderful friends - the ones just re-entering my life, or the ones who have always been a part of my heart; children and grandchildren who are probably my greatest accomplishment in Life; a faith that endures through tough and sometimes unhappy times; and the desire to write down my thoughts from time to time - if not for the general public, at least to clear out the cobwebs in my brain cloud!

Life has been a roller coaster of events, emotions, frustrations, and elation! My brother has been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 weeks with some health concerns which always puts the rest of us on ALERT. He is back home in his LazyBoy Launcher, with candy on one side, his cigarettes on the other, some Honey Buns in the pantry, and his oxygen hose hooked up around his ears. Pray that he doesn't forget that he's hooked up to that when he decides to light up a cigarette!!

Gary had a PET/CT scan last week - it was determined that the two spots that they saw originially are STILL there, but because they are not growing, and they don't have a 1st scan to compare with, they took out 'Squidward' {the cathport} and he just has to have his blood drawn weekly, and will go in for another scan periodically. We still keep faith and pray that he is one of the lucky ones to be cured and that there will be no re-occurrance of this for him. Heather and his kids are excited to have him home on a daily basis, he has been back to work for the past 2 months, and Taylor can't wait for him to 'rassle with her'!

I had the family over on Sunday for an early Easter celebration, with an Easter Egg hunt for the grandkids. It was chaotic, but alot of fun to watch them run from one corner of the yard to the other looking for their colored eggs. Weston and Sloane even got down on their hands and knees and were digging through the long, matted down grass for something that might be hidden.



The weather here continues to put me in a FUNK! One day it is beautiful and warm, the next stormy and cold....Just get here already, SPRING! I really need to work on my flower beds, and get my regimen of walking again. I swear my little crab apple tree has almost opened it's buds up and then had a 2nd thought and recoiled!

I've rambled enough....this family is wishing Jenna and Krissy a wonderul adventure; we can't wait for Heather's new Surfer Girl to come and are so excited to see cute pix of Baby Asher. Our 8th grandchild will be here soon - and the excitement builds every time we think of his arrival and what blessings a sweet smelling, angel baby brings into our family.

4 comments:

whitey said...

Hippity Hoppity looks like loads of fun!!

Vickers said...

Yea for Gary...what a tough hombre. Congratulations on the encouraging news.

I am here in CA now waiting for the arrival of Surfer Girl. Grandma loves these times. Last week I was in Dallas with baby Asher. What a beautiful boy. Life is good. Pretty soon I will be back home in VA catching up with the cuteness of Chloe. I am the richest grandma. Hope that Uncle Tom is doing great. Love to you all and Happy Easter, too.

Kare Bear said...

It's good that you can relax and have fun with your cute family midst all the craziness life brings..

Nettie said...

Looks like you all had a great time at your early Easter celebration. Pictures are all cute. I think of Gary, Heather and kids all the time. Sounds like things are better. We'll keep them in our prayers. I haven't seen Uncle Tom since he got home but am keeping updated by mom. We were going to go see him on Sunday afternoon, but mom said he was pretty tired so we ended up not going. Hopefully I can see him soon.

The verification word this time is "horryina". Almost sounds like it could be a fun 'name'? Let's see if I can type it right and get on with my chores.