9.17.2008

CATS


The moments of happiness . . .
We had the experience, but missed the meaning
And approach to the meaning restores the experience
In a different form, beyond any meaning
We can assign to happiness . . .
The past experience revived in the meaning
Is not the experience of one life only
But of many generations - not forgetting
Something that is probably quite ineffable

Thanks to Tony & Michele {whose social calendar could not afford their attendance at CATS last evening}. Teri and I came away with the feeling that it was a fun evening, yet vaguely confused at what the whole thing was about. Personally, I really enjoyed Grizabella's rendition of "Memory"; thought Rum Tum Tugger was kinda sexy-Andrew Lloyd Webber has stated that the part of the Tugger is intended to be an homage to Mick_Jagger" of the Rolling Stones; entertained completely by MungoJerrie & Rumpelteazer's antics; loved the Macavity number; but Mistoffelees performs some of the most difficult choreography in the show, and was probably my fave!

Cats is an award-winning musical composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot. The show has been performed around the world in numerous productions and has been translated into more than 20 languages.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

VERY cool! I love seeing shows.

Anonymous said...

But you haven't really seen CATS until you see the stage version starring Tony as Old Deuteronomy. Fabulous!
Sounds like you and Teri had a memorable evening.

Sioux said...

Yeah, I didn't realize/remember that Tony was in CATS until Michele said something about it - but I did guess the part he played, and I can just imagine how great he was!

Debbie said...

I'm soooo jealous! Would love to go sometime but I don't think it's something that Scott would enjoy. If you should have the inclination to go again let me know