9.07.2008

Les is More!

Les - Sept. 7, 1922 - Aug. 6, 1986

Wood had an interesting call come through on his cell phone about 2AM this morning, that he checked the location of, when he didn't recognize the name or the number. He had Curt and I listen to it, to see if we could understand it - the voice was garbled, as tho the caller might be ill, or drunk {maybe}. We thought we recognized a name, and 'call me' from the voice. When I started thinking of the name on the phone, I reminded W that it would be his Dad's birthday today, and that the name sounded like his grandfather's name. This confused Wood - and he wondered why his Dad would be calling under an alias. Maybe because he's channeling - I don't know. Heidi would be able to explain it - she is the Dream Interpreter!

Dad would have been 86 years old today. He has been gone since August 6, 1986. Mike and Matt are really the only ones that remember him very well. We think about him often, and wonder what our lives would be like if he were still with us.

Wayne was his Commanding Officer at the Air Guard Base when it was first started up. When he first met me and found out I was 'Fry's' little sister he was quite surprised! Maybe a little 'history' before history...


I love these pix of him and his grandkids...

Look how Heather and he are gazing at one another - We got a Mutual Admiration' thing going on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, what's the deal with the phone call? I thought you were leading up to something. Twilight Zone, or something. Did you ever figure it out? Did you call the number back? What's 'the rest of the story'?

Sioux said...

No more to the story than a wrong number with a familiar name and the fact that it is Dad's b-day and I've never done a tribute for him. Superstition; twilight zone; parallel universe; just an open door for me to do that.