9.23.2008

All Dogs Go To Heaven....

Malachi Jan.23, 1996-Sept.23, 2008

{Thoughts from Heather} When Gary got her she thought she was a lap-dog or a baby {one of the two}, so you always had to sit down with her right in your lap... funny thing is that she never really outgrew that until she hurt to sit down.... so we always had that 100lb dog laying all over us!

Anytime we were on the floor or on the couch she would nuzzle her way right between us and lay on her side so she could push me as far away as she could from
Gary-guessing I was a threat of some sort...

She was such a good dog... had a lot of times when she'd attack other dogs and end up getting rabie shots that same day so we wouldn’t get sued....

Dragged me through the grass on my 7 mo. pregnant belly trying to get other dogs... very angry about that, but other than that she was a very lovey dog and just wanted attention and to be loved....I like to think she knew she was!

I didn’t think I loved her as much as I did, until I had to put her down - hardest thing I've ever had to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sad event but such beautiful memories. Sounds like you a good twelve years of special doggy loving.

whitey said...

I remember being with one Dad's dogs when he was put down because him or mom could not do it. I was not even attached to the dog and I still cried, maybe more for my dad because I knew how bad he was going to hurt. Heather sorry for your loss.

KickButtMommy said...

Its so hard to say goodbye to your pets.

Kare Bear said...

I know how you feel. I can't imagine not having Sadie in our lives. The snuggles and kisses, even after she just eat my favorite shoe, makes my day. It's the memories we can hold onto that get us through the days.

Nettie said...

Heather,....I feel for you. We have had a few dogs tht either died from old age or had to be put down. It is very hard to do especially when you have had them as long as you and I have. They are a part of the family, no matter how much dog hair there is to deal with or slobber some times. You still love them unconditionally. They are sometimes better than kids because they don't talk back. Really tho', she was a beautiful dog. We also had a black lab that thought he was a lap dog. The two we have now are the same way. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. Read the story about "Rainbow Bridge". It will make you all feel a little bit better.

Ashley said...

Heather,

I am so sorry to hear you lost your pup. I am a sucker for puppies and kitties--okay just about anything furry and four legged. I remember when I lost my first lab Pepper, I had a really hard time but I wrote a poem about him and what he meant to me. Maybe my mom could find and and post it for you. I had to put my Beagle Shadow down after he had gotten really sick and his liver and kidney's were failing. It is really probably one of the hardest things to go through loosing a pet--best friend, family member. All dogs to go to heaven and they will all be waiting for us. Love much! Ash