4.01.2008

SNAP OUT OF IT!

The origin of April Fool's Day remains clouded in obscurity. Basically no one knows exactly where, when, or why the celebration began....that's part of the mystique of the silliness!

"The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year."
~By Mark Twain~

I worked with a gal who always had some scenario/scheme planned for her poor hubby on this day. She told me once about how she got some police tape and had her whole house cordoned off with it, and a policeman friend standing outside to prevent him from going in. A bit extreme and I'm sure he countered with something just as EVIL the next time around.

I've never been into practical jokes, so this day is about as mundane as any other in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend with the police tape was pretty gutsy to do that. My husband would have probably had a coronary on the spot. If her husband had been fast thinking he could have pulled that one on her as he stood outside his cordoned off house. Think how shocked she would have been to see him go down! I'm grateful that nothing really creative goes on around here on April Fool's, but the best of the day to you, Girl.

KickButtMommy said...

I have never been good at those pranks! Just as well, I suppose. Miles probably wouldn't like it much.