4.26.2008

The ROLLERCOASTER ride we call Utah weather! And we wonder why Utahns are taking antidepressants at twice the rate per capita of other states?! PROOF that the CALIFORNIA sun is good for the soul!

The typical symptoms of SAD include depression, lack of energy, increased need for sleep, a craving for sweets and weight gain. Symptoms begin in the fall, peak in the winter and usually resolve in the spring. Some individuals experience great bursts of energy and creativity in the spring (which lasted all of 15 minutes two days ago!) or early summer. Some people with SAD have mild or occasionally severe periods of mania during the spring or summer.

Logically speaking, this would be the explanation for my moodiness; my lack of ambition; craving ice cream, candy, and pastries; and wanting to strangle the weatherman when I see him at the local grocery store! I'm left with the delusion of wondering when SPRING is finally gonna peek out from the grey?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Com'on, whaddaya expect? It's springtime in the Rockies! Out here we are shoveling off of everything an inch of pollen. Have you ever seen a blue car turn green? Be careful now, DON'T INHALE!!!

KickButtMommy said...

Looks like you need to come see me and soak up some sun!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Can this happen to entire blood-lines? I think all of my family is described here. Good thing we make such cute offspring, or there might not be anything to love on?

FRYBABY said...

I'm with you......this weather is really messin' with my head!!