2.23.2008

Happy Birthday, Nadine!

A SISTER is someone beside you lending a hand.
Offering words that say, “I understand”
She’s someone you turn to, day after day,
To share any worries that life brings your way.

Sister, you taught me
What it is to share,
And what it is to receive,
You gave me
Love, joy, togetherness,
Loyalty, support, friendship -

I’ve told you a lot, and you’ve tried to understand
And whenever I needed help, you always lent a hand.
You’re older, but somehow I’ve become more gray
I don’t understand how or even why!

Sisters are the mainstays of our life.
Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how
many miles are between us.

The world wouldn't be the same without the women in my life.
When we began this adventure called
womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or
sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we
would need each other.

I Love Ya, Sis!
Happy Birthday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these years and I never realized that Nadine's birthday was so close to her mom's. I was think of Grandma at Valentine's. Now I will have to also think of my aunt Nadine.
Happy Birthday, Nadine!

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Birthday Nadine!

"Jo" in many sizes said...

Man she must have good genes, too. Look at how good all of us turned out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAM. Sorry to hear you were ill.

Kare Bear said...

what a good poem. I love it!! sisters are the best.