12.24.2007

Christmas Eve

Well here we are in Hurricane...'twas the night before Christmas'. We had a lovely turkey dinner 'n fixings, with one of Aunt Marie's Razzleberry pies and a Lemon Chiffon pie for dessert. Shari & I have given assignments to Wood & Mike to assemble and insert batteries; Grandma-Great & Connor are rolling out cookie dough, and we (the girls) are putting the finishing touches on the infamous 'Christmas Breakfast' for tomorrow morning. I have never had a Christmas where I moved so slowly-almost as if I’m watching myself from afar. Just don’t have the energy this year, and am fighting a bacterial infection -- (I’m on the meds.)

What hasn’t been done, doesn’t get done! It is what it is! And in the long run, what does it really matter anyway, right? (I will close the door to spaces that I have neglected, hoping no poor soul will try and open them.)


We are watching Christmas Story on TV & playing 'Mexican Train' with Dominoes. We will head back to the condo soon, and regroup back here in the morning when Connor gets up.

I know that someday I will probably miss all this hustle-bustle (though I can’t imagine it now!), so I will try and remember what is really important as we gather together. And that is, that we are together, enjoying each other, and celebrating the gift of Christmas…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful to me. A condo to which to retreat. Ho, Ho, and a Merry Christmas and lots of hugs, kisses, and children noises. Tomorrow you can retreat to old age again.....that's my viewpoint and I love it.
Happy New Year to Mike and Shari.

KickButtMommy said...

Merry Christmas Sioux!

FRYBABY said...

You have been a busy little poster! I haven't checked anyone's blogs lately so I thought I would catch up and I'm glad I did! Love the pics and the thoughtful words about presence...I have felt the lack of enthusiasm this year too. What is it? So many have expressed the same feelings to me moreso this year than any other...???? A curious thing it is. Merry Christmas to you and yours!