10.13.2007

Kloyie's Eight!

Kloyie is my oldest grandchild and daughter to my 3rd son, Curtis.

Such a special day for a Special little girl
Turning eight years old has put you in a Whirl!
"My Dad's going to baptize me", you say
How wonderful that this is the Highlight of your day.

No thought of party, gifts, or cake,
Only that you're turning Eight
And knowing that you'll be baptized
Has put you into such a state.

"Choose the Right" will be your motto
"What would Jesus Do?"
If you follow the baptismal covenants
and are quiet enough to hear the Spirit whisper
You'll know how to stay true.

Our little Kloyie - Eight Today!
And how the years are slipping away,
Always so many things to do
Never much time for just we two.
The length of you - All legs and arms!
those artful poses and subtle charms
A studied indifference upon your face
Changing as I watch you grow
Becoming someone new to know.

I have such things I want to say
To show you, if I can, the way
to see the world in golden shades
To never lose your chosen way.
To stay safe when others are at risk
To know how to love and who to kiss.

So Happy Birthday, Eight Today!
With all my Love, Grandma

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What a sweet little girl and a sweet grandma for making her a poem!

Anonymous said...

I love the way her name is spelled...so phonetically. So is this the #1 child of your #3 child? Trying to figure it all out. Kloyie looks like she belongs to your family all beauty and personality. Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!

Sioux said...

Thanks Vickers -- I guess I need to start explaining who people are and where they fit in. I just assume everyone knows. Love you for your attention to details!