2.05.2009

The Buttons Say It All!


First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
The caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within. - Donovan

Well, we were all hoping and praying for the best when Gary had a recent PET scan and his clinical follow-up today. However, we were met with the somber news that there are still two spots in his back {possibly near his kidneys or adrenal gland that the doctors are suspicious of. So, he will be admitted into the hospital tomorrow for another round of chemo-needless to say, he's very discouraged and worried that maybe he'll never be rid of this monster! And then there's the job; he was excited to start back to work this week, and although he was fatigued each evening, still felt positive about everything. Our hopes and faith, in the healing hands of God, is that he will progress through the next 21 days with renewed health and strength.

I just keep thinking 'what a dirty deal'; we gotta start this all over again?; we were just catching our breath, and beginning to breathe easy....then I think about what Gary must be thinking, and I want to smack myself!

I pray that when we reach the summit of this next mountain, there will be a lovely vacation spot of Gary's choosing within our gaze. 'First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.'

7 comments:

Nettie said...

We will keep Gary and the whole family in our prayers and hopefully in a few weeks him and Heather can go on that vacation. Give them my love!

KickButtMommy said...

Gary and Heather will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

It really takes a special person to fight to the successful goal. Too many curl up and quit. The ugly fight is worth the effort. NEVER give up and ALWAYS show hope and faith. You all are fighting the fight that so many have fought. You are not alone.

"Jo" in many sizes said...

We talk about Gary daily at the salon, due to our little signs about shirts. Mom gave me an update yesterday, I was sick. Thinking of you guys always, and keeping you in our prayers.

(I need another shirt, too. Whats the email again? And the cutest old man donated 10 bucks, no shirt. I need to get intouch with them.)

Kare Bear said...

What a struggle you all have to go through. God gives us these trials so we can become stronger But Just like you i find myself asking why alot?? All of our prayers go out to Gary. We will hope for the best!

Anonymous said...

There's always hope for those who believe and i believe it can only get better!
thanks to every one of you who pray and have donated and helped us... it means more than you know
love you all!!!
Heather and crew and Gary too!!

FRYBABY said...

Know that we all are praying for Gary too! I agree with those buttons......CANCER SUCKS!! (I really don't talk like that but I sure agree with it!)And I hate to see anyone suffer.....especially loved ones!