10.30.2008

Happy, Haunting Hallow's Eve!

I wish I had the energy this guy has, but I just want to snooze everytime I sit in one spot for very long. My weeks are becoming a mish-mosh of days running together, in which I can't remember what day I'm actually on, what grandchild I will be watching, and where I'm supposed to be! The one good spot will be the change back from DST this weekend. Then maybe it won't seem like the days and nights are screwed up as well!

The nights seem like an endless spiraling of tossing & turning, thinking & pondering, rationalizing and bargaining; until about 4am when I finally doze off in pure exhaustion and then the morning light comes too quickly! I must be getting that 'old person' ailment - the one my Grandma had that prompted her to go to bed by sundown, and get up with the chickens! I don't know if she slept all that time, or if she was tossing and turning, as well. She had great things on her mind, and wasn't afraid to instill in all of us the heeding that the crops were being poisoned with pesticides, the meat was bad because of the stuff being injected into it, the food was ROTTEN, and airplanes were flying caskets - a thing of the devil! The Government was going to HELL {even back in the 50's}!

Anyway, I'm getting off-track here. Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and Happy Halloween. Hope all the trick or treating doesn't end up in your bed in the form of sticky goo or sugary puke, like it does my grandkids!! You can tell I really LOVE this holiday, can't you?

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Halloween. I sure wish you could get some sleep! That is SO miserable.

Nettie said...

It was great seeing you at Mom's last night. Hope you had a better night,.....I THINK I did. I didn't even take a PM last night, but then when Dave isn't around, I sleep with my TV on Soap.net. Oh Well! I can understand with all that is going on in your family right now how things have you in the mish-mosh.

FRYBABY said...

The trick-or-treating just ends up on my hips!! Life's not fair!!

Anonymous said...

Which grandma are you referring to? Sounds like Grandma F.

You know the old Marine saying...When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Well, you amd your family are one of the tough ones and you will be watched over. Love all of you, especially my old auntie. [Couldn't resist that one:)]