7.10.2008

Happy Birthday, Matt!

It's hard to believe that 34 years ago, you came bouncing into our life - but here it is! I awoke this morning at 1:12am, just at the time you were born; I thought about calling you and singing Happy Birthday, but knew it might awaken your own baby, so I rethunk!

That didn't stop me from remembering that particular evening leading up to your arrival. Your Dad and I were out with Gary and Mert to a movie {Breezy w/William Holden & Kay Lenz} when I realized I was going into labor. I excused myself and got up to go out and call Dr. Hunter - after various questions, he determined it might be awhile before I actually needed to come to the hospital and told me to enjoy the rest of the movie. When we were leaving there, I called him again to let him know how things were progressing and told him we wanted to go get some ice cream...'Yeah, go ahead', he said! While sitting in Snelgrove's my labor pains became more intense and we decided we should head back home. Gary had just bought a new car, and just kept telling me NOT to have this baby in the back seat, or I'd be sorry! He & Dad gave me a blessing, we called Grandma to come stay with Mike, and we waited and waited for her to come - No Grandma - she had started driving from Farmington and got as far as Bountiful before she realized she had forgotten her purse! Finally we called a neighbor, and headed off to the hospital. We arrived around 1am and you came 12 minutes later. The Doctor cautioned me 'NEVER to wait that long again!'

If Matt could add anything to this or let you know what he thinks of this day - I think the pix on the right would be his contribution! A BIG, juicy raspberry . . . .

You've always been the impetuous one - wanting to experience life, and test the waters at any cost!

I'm so thankful for you in our lives and hope you have an awesome birthday! I love you . . .

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Happy birthday Matt! From Heather and Miles. WHat a nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

Hey Handsome Matt, Happy Birthday to my cool cousin. I love thinking that I have such young cousins as you and your siblings. Have a wonderful day and a great big raspberry to you, too.

whitey said...

Happy B-Day Matt, hope you have a great time.

FRYBABY said...

Love the raspberry picture!! That is a classic! Happy Birthday Matt!