9.24.2007

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!

OK, then! Since my outdoor adventure over a week ago, I got NUTHIN'. I am recovering nicely from the scrapes and bruising (Thank you for asking); but Heidi, Laila and I have all come down with a rotten bug that I'm told will last 2 weeks! YEA!

Since I check everyone else's blog more than once a day to see what's happening to the 'Beautiful People', I decided I'd better get my two cents in, even if it's just to tell you all that I think we have a pretty great bunch of people in our family! Congrats to Ben, Kwona and kids on the NEWS! It's always so exciting to hear about what's going on with the DelHoyo's, the Smith's, the Boxer's, and Jenna! Oh to be energetic and totally incorporated in the everyday happenings of a young family -- I remember it well, but don't think I'd want to go there again!

Heidi and Grant had an anniversary get-away planned for the weekend, and since I already was sick, took over the tending issue with Laila and Tank (the English Bulldog). Picture this if you can, a roll of toilet paper hanging off my belt loop just so's I have it handy to wipe up the slime from the dog's mouth, Laila's and my nose, and anything else that may need to be wiped up. Laila is packing my jar of Mentholatum and inhaler around in her pocket, and I have my Afrin and AIRBORNE's on the k
itchen counter. It was a FUN weekend.

I've been considering seriously the opportunity (Did I actually say that?) of getting back into a professional career. So I'm polishing up my resume', calling on those people I trust enough to lie for me as references, and anticipating with bated breath the 40-hour week, the hour long drive, and the hustle and bustle of the Big City. Unless, of course, I get a part-timer here in Davis Co. and only have to dress up on Sundays! Oh wait, I don't do that either! I've had just about as much fun as a girl can stand for the past 3 years without having to work. It was nice being able to lounge out by the pool in Boise, and we have worked hard to get the yard done at our new location in Syracuse, but it's time to dust off and do something more! I only wish I had taken the time and opportunity to get more schooling so that I was marketable, but I guess 13 years polishing diamonds should get me somewhere, don't ya think?

The weather here is changing markedly towards Fall. There are some beautiful drives to take and a few good days left to watch the kids play soccer, football, and play at the park. I guess I'll take advantage of these before I am committed (Did I say that?) to a job. Some of the best times of our lives is when we can sit in solitude and listen to what the wind says. Or watch the ducks and geese swim across the pond, only to get to the other side . . . for what? I leave you with this beautiful image (complim
ents of Mike).

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sioux you are sweet to always read our blogs and leave fun comments. Good luck with the job search. Maybe you will find something very fulfilling!

Anonymous said...

I salute you Sioux! Last thing I want to do is commit my time to some job when I can have so much fun playing grandma. Of course, you are fortunate to have all your grandchildren in the same state with you.
That was a hilarious description of your weekend with the baby. I still think you should use your time to write books and have Heidi illustrate them. That's where you could have your time, call your shots, and still have money. Think about it!

Cara said...

You mean you would CHOOSE an hour-long commute...If I had the choice, I'd definitely go local, work at a Robert's craft store or something fun like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that I have not visited your website for a while because I have a JOB!! So I can see that I need to do some catching up but not today! What wonderful pictures you have and I can't wait to read....... I am with you on the solitude of not having a job. I miss being home. But on the other hand when I get to work I enjoy it!! Good Luck!