9.08.2007

EARTH, WIND & FIRE

September 2, 2007 - Momentous! We weathered the elements of Earth, Wind, maybe not Fire! Unless you want to count the antics of a rebellious, contrary and uncooperative 2 year-old and a tired baby! Mike, Shari and Connor were able to come up for Labor Day weekend, so that was like getting the Earth to stand still. To get Curt to come, I told him that is poor old Mom had been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and that this was her dying wish. Woody asked why we just couldn't just put it off another year! And I promised them all that this would be the last time I asked them to do this. Can you guess yet what I'm talking about? You got it folks -- a FAMILY PORTRAIT! My photog friend guaranteed me that it is his experience that "you must drag most men kicking and screaming" to one of these. After all, he says: "I was once one of them!"
courtesy of Paul Durham Photography

"The sky that day was angry, my friends". Ominous clouds hung dark & low. Lightning cracked, and thunder--well, it thundered! Wind, rain, even hail -- could this be an omen? I was assured it was not by my kind, calm photographer friend. It did finally clear, & when the sun came out, the fearless photog and his trusty 2nd Lt. were able to take some beautiful pictures -- I especially love the candid shots with hair blowing in the face! I'm sure Heidi thought her newly lasik'd eyes were gonna flap right off her eyeballs! The little kids had fun running around the park in the wind, and all seemed to enjoy being with one another. OH JOY! That makes all the cajoling, bribing, threatening and coaxing even mor
e special for a Mom.

When it seemed there would be no cooperation or coming-together on this momentous occasion, Heidi went to task and worked this family pix up. Actually, I like it well enough, and it really does fit the personality of the family; I may just hang this up as well.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What a beatiful picture! I love how descriptive you are. It looks like all of the sacrifice paid off because that is a fabulous picture!

Sioux said...

Thanks Heather -- It was a fun day all in all; and well worth the effort!

Anonymous said...

An incredible picture and so much fun IDing each cousin. Great-grandma S. looks perfect in the group, too. That portrait is worthy of an above-the-fireplace, on-the-mantel, serious scion presentation. Make it so, Number One!

Heidi, lasik(ed) eyes and all, does unbelieveable work. She really captures the moment.

Nephew-in-law (you know...niece's husband) Serge says that your twins have turned out as beautiful as you are, Sioux. Kid you not.

Sioux said...

That's why I pay Serge all that moola! He's a good judge -- look what he got as the prize! Love you guys.