5.04.2007

Tributes

As you're all aware, May 7th is Wayne's birthday. Because he is so special in all our lives, and because I feel I never do enough to recognize him, I would like to pay tribute to him for 85 glorious years of faithful love and devotion for his family and his sweet wife, his patriotic service to his Country, and for being the mainstay and Patriarch for the Fry Family for as far back as I remember. He and El took care of my Mother when she became deathly ill; he stepped in and took care of finances when my own Father couldn't (or wouldn't); he made sure that Aunt Dott had a place to live that was close by him in Bountiful, so that they and DiAnne would be able to watch over and take care of her; and he's always been a big brother that I was proud of and loved to brag about. I remember when I began dating Woody, and finally got into a conversation with his Dad about where he worked, which was the Air Nat'l Guard Base in SLC. I believe that Wayne was his C.O. When he realized that I was related to "FRY", he about croaked! I get the impression that they might not have always seen eye to eye working together. Anyway, that was a big adjustment to get past (for him, not me!).

Wayne shares his birthday with a younger sister, DiAnne. I would also like to add that DiAnne has always been someone I looked up to for example. I watched as she starched slips, curled her hair, put make-up on, played the piano (yes, the famous piano that I gouged long marks in with a screwdriver! and was later ruined in a deluge of water), and even got to attend some dates with her and whatever boy was infatuated with her at the time. She always encouraged me to stretch higher, to push harder, and to expand my talents and abilities, even when I didn't think I had any!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WAYNE & DIANNE. I love them both and pray for many more days to enjoy their company.




5 comments:

FRYBABY said...

This contribution to your blog is awesome! Thanks for honoring my Dad in such a thoughtful way...I will have to take my computer to them so that they can see your tribute to him. He is a great man! And you are a great sister to him...Thanks, auntie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty Sue,
Loved your Tribute to your big brother and big sister. Now where are the marks you put in the piano?? Whitey

Sioux said...

Those gouges were probably sanded out by DiAnne's loving hands many moons ago --- before you ever had to recycle the parts.Ya know, we just get to an age where nice words sometimes mean more to us than expensive,fancy gifts! Shower the people you love with LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sioux. As old as I am I still get choked up and very sentimental. Great pictures about great people whom I love very much.

KickButtMommy said...

Youa re so sweet. Grandpa Fry is one of a kind and our family would not be the same without him. We all love him so much and hold him in our hearts. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!