5.15.2007

TOOT! TOOT!

I mentioned in a blog or so ago, that I was going to try to spotlight each of my kids so that you would know them a little better. I'm so impressed with each of their talents and abilities ---different, yet similar. They all have an artistic flair (which I guess they get thru heredity, since all of you are carrying the same genes!). I know that I have sent some of you the links to Mike's art: http://mshifflett.digitalart.org/, and http://www.flameworx.com/ are just a couple of places you can see some of his artwork. He earned the MOBIUS award, which some of you may know is like the Oscar for art design: http://www.unitedvisual.com/2rent/3maa.asp He designed the website for flameworx. Some of his best work is pictures that he has done for family or friends, but he would love to sell. Everything he does is exact, almost to the point that it looks like a photograph!

Heidi gets into the abstract portraits and non-traditional types of art --- with bright colors, comic-bookstyle sketches, and beautiful, somewhat surreal renditions of what she sees. She now has a blog set up at: http://hidbdesigns.blogspot.com/. You can visit her there and see many more of her works, with the ability to buy or contract something to buy.

I just love to toot their horns -- since they so seldom do. Hope you enjoy seeing their displays throughout my blogs. TOOT! TOOT!

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed. Especially since I was born with not one artistic bone in my body.

Anonymous said...

So is that picture of the jalopy and gas pumps a drawing instead of a photo?! Mike is unbelievable and Congratulations on the Mobius.
Heidi should be making a fortune with her talent, also. Can't wait to read the next installment and find out about the talents and interests of the other three.

FRYBABY said...

Wow is right!! They are both so talented. So are they trying to promote their works? I want to see more!! I will certainly check out the websites because I love art! Especially when my relatives are doing it!