1.11.2009

Happy 80th Birthday, Tom!

Me and my big brother, Tom! Pictures like this of him and me together are really the only memories I have of that time of my life. There isn’t a memory of Tommy I have that doesn’t include Margie and Leanne. He turned 20 and was married to Margie the same year I was born, so you can see why my memories would not be just of him and me as brother and sister. I know there were a few times during my childhood, when he and Margie offered to take care of me before and after my Mother passed away. I did live with them in Clearfield, for a short time before I went over to live with my sister Nadine. He has always been a colorful storyteller, with the memory to remember dates, places, people names, and times! He was the most adventurous of all of us, I believe, as evidenced in his birthday tribute from last year and Whitey's blog entry.

Happy Birthday, Tom. I know we can't expect you to live forever, but you sure have enabled us to enjoy your 80 years thusfar. We love you and had such a great time celebrating with you last night.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best family reunion I have been to in a long while. People always did come out to celebrate with Tom. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite uncles....Tom Terrific. Let's do it again next year.

Nettie said...

It was really nice to see so many members of the family and friends out to wish Uncle Tommy a happy birthday. And very nice that Vicky was able to be there along with Doug, Michelle and their folks. I agree with Vicky,...lets to it again next year Uncle Tom!

FRYBABY said...

Happy Birthday again uncle Tommy!! Our family is the best!!!