5.08.2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANNE!

I didn't forget to post yesterday for DiAnne's birthday {which she shares with our brother}; I just don't know where to begin to tell her and everyone how wonderful I think she is! She is always the first one there in a crisis to offer up her help; she is always the one to think about family holidays, birthdays, funerals, weddings, and try to get a group, a floral arrangement, a gift, or a celebration together! She has untiring energy to participate and enjoy activities that her kids or grandkids are involved in. If there is a worthy cause, she is the first to sign up. She volunteers for and works hard in endeavors of the Church callings that she is called to. She does so many things for neighbors, friends, family and and her loving actions are well-noted by everyone. There is never a time when you call her, that she doesn't try to help. We all love her for the many attributes that she shares with us all - her tenacity, her stubborness, her ability to give and give, when others would be tired; her thoughfulness, her faith in things not seen, and most of all for her presence in our lives.

I wish I had copied the words from a card that I gave to her. It said everything that I felt. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sis. I love you for all you've ever done or tried to do for me. And as long as tomorrow is Mother's Day, Happy that too!

4 comments:

Nettie said...

She certainly is ALL of that! Happy Birthday Aunt DiAnne. You are the BEST and we love you!

whitey said...

She may not remember but she took me school shopping once to help Mom out, and you and I went up to see her when she was working at the golf course and she gave me the money so we could go buy some the stuff to lighten my hair for the first time. Happy Birthday, and thanks for helping in times of need.

Vickers said...

I was wondering why you didn't mention DiAnne's birthday. With such a beautifully written tribute to her I can see why you wanted more time to put it together. There is just so much, so much you can say about her great attributes. That and the fact that she will be the first one to kick you in the rear to get you moving when you need to.

Happy Birthday to Aunt DiAnne who is young enough to be my sister. Hope that she recovers from her shoulder surgery quickly cause I am going to whop her at tennis. (That'll be the day!!!)

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Birthday DiAnne!